Job market in Ann Arbor/Detroit, MI

Subject: Job market in Ann Arbor/Detroit, MI
From: "Christina Tolliver" <christina_tolliver -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 13:08:21 EDT

I may need to relocate to Ann Arbor, MI, this summer and would appreciate any information you can share about the job market for technical writers in Ann Arbor and Detroit.

Some specific questions:
* Is the demand for technical writers consistently strong?
* Are the salaries/rates pretty good? (Compared to Charlotte, NC, where I currently work, the salaries/rates on the major job boards look low, while the cost of living is higher by almost 10%. Yuck.)
* Are there any recruiters or recruiting firms you can recommend?

Thanks,
Christina Tolliver