Re: Errata sheet format

Subject: Re: Errata sheet format
From: "Rowena Hart" <rhart -at- xcert -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 11:39:23 -0700

I have some questions for those of you who have
written errata sheets:

- If two or more steps in a procedure contain errors,
do you print the entire procedure in the errata sheet
or just the incorrect steps?

- If a step in a procedure needs to be deleted, do you
simply state in the errata sheet that users should skip
the step or do you print the entire procedure again
to show the corrected numbering?

- How long should an errata "sheet" be? I've heard
in the past that an errata sheet should not exceed
one page, printed double-sided. What are the pros
and cons of shorter/longer errata sheets?

TIA for your suggestions.

Rowena

Rowena Hart Technical Writer

Xcert International Inc.
1001-701 West Georgia Street Phone: 1 (604) 640-6210
Vancouver, BC, Canada V7Y 1C6 Fax: 1 (604) 640-6220
Web: http://www.xcert.com E-mail: rhart -at- xcert -dot- com