Despair over Words

Subject: Despair over Words
From: Cronista -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com (TECHWR-L)
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:04:17 EDT

Arlen:
I agree with John Posada and missed your point.
The internet originated as a means of communication. I disagree with your
comment "the mainstay of the web is words."
I've had the good luck to work in several countries. I've observed how
difficult it is for even serious students to learn English.
I could not pull someone's writing from the web and hold it up to the world
as an example of poor English useage unless I could also do so in a foreign
language. Anyone who has ever (even informally) tried to teach English to a
foreigner would appreciate any effort that person makes to speak/write our
difficult language.
Charles Jay
Phoenix Arizona