Re: Russian Translator

Subject: Re: Russian Translator
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch>
To: Dianne Blake <write-it -at- home -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:06:33 +0200

Dianne,

from what I hear from my tranlsator friend who actually does offer Russian
to English, the Russian business is essentially dead. The times when the US
government was kind of dragging in anyone who could kind of speak Russian
are over.

But if your friend has specific skills (such as patents, or for
international organizations), and can use them, there still may be some
opportunities.

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering
Low Paper workflows, Smart documents, PDF forms
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch
http://www.prodok.ch

[ Building Bridges for Information ]

A friend of the family is planning to move to the United States from
Russia - probably in May. Does anyone know of any companies that might
be looking for a Russian translator - either verbal or written? If not,
do you have any ideas on where to get him started in that direction. He
also plays chess professionally.