Re: A or An?

Subject: Re: A or An?
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: Jeff Hanvey <jewahe -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:10:17 -0500

The rule I have always read and followed is to consider how the acronym
is pronounced, in which case you would fill out *an* FSA. As opposed to
*a* TBD. There are reference books on the market which deal with
troublesome word pairs, and I think they can be very useful. The one on
my shelf happens to be "Dictionary of Problem Words and Expressions" by
Harry Shaw. (By the way, Harry agrees with both of us, making him a
resource above question!) I'm sure there are other books just as
helpful.