RE: Tables and Sideheads

Subject: RE: Tables and Sideheads
From: Tom Eagles <teagles -at- DERIVION -dot- com>
To: "'Dave Versdahl'" <dversdahl -at- 2way -dot- tm>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 10:45:58 -0400

Dave Versdahl [mailto:dversdahl -at- 2way -dot- tm] wrote:

> Is there a way to have a table in a sidehead without
> resorting to the use of an anchored frame?
> Thanks for the wisdom,

Can't vouch for the wisdom part, but to put a table (for, say, a WARNING
message) in the sidehead (or sidebar) area, first create a paragraph format
that puts the cursor in the sidebar (as your anchor point). Then select
Insert Table from the Table menu, and (if you have one) insert a sidebar
table. If you don't have one, you'll need to create one while you are in the
Insert Table dialog box. Then use the Designer to make your table pretty.

Caveat: this method will not make the table line up perfectly with the line
of text beside it in the body of the document. Reduce the space above and
below to "0", but it's only close, not perfect. Unless you use the old
anchored frame method, I know of no other way to line up a sidebar table
with it's adjacent line of text. Anyone out there have a solution to that
one?

TTFN.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Tom Eagles,