WebWorks Standard IS different from WebWorks Professional

Subject: WebWorks Standard IS different from WebWorks Professional
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'Rob Steiner'" <rjsteiner01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 12:59:12 -0400

Hallo:

Adobe FrameMaker 6.0 includes WebWorks Standard Edition version 6. I am told
this includes the Mac version.

* Think of WebWorks Standard Edition only as an export filter for
creating XML and HTML. That's it. It should be a much, much better filter
than previously included in FrameMaker 5.5, though.

* WebWorks Standard Edition is a Lite Edition of the software that is
missing significant functionality from WebWorks Professional Edition version
6.0.

* WebWorks Professional Edition 6.0 at least brings to the table the
ability to create and edit Microsoft HTML Help (CHM) help projects,
Java-based HTML Help (JAR, etc.), and you should probably check to see how
non-compiled, vanilla, cross-platform HTML-based help projects are supported
by the Lite (Standard) Edition, whether WDT style sheets are supported, etc.

* I recommend you fling questions directly at
http://www.quadralay.com.

Nonetheless, I create online help and am springing for WebWorks Publisher
Professional 6.0, which ships this month. I spent $450-ish to upgrade from
WWP 5.04, if you are upgrading from the Lite (Standard) Edition included
with FM 6, I *think* the cost is about $600, but am not sure, check it out.

Hope this helps.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com