Re: Word 2k question

Subject: Re: Word 2k question
From: Dianne Blake <write-it -at- home -dot- com>
To: Techwriter <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 12:18:01 -0700

scott -at- soffront -dot- com wrote:
> I don't think there are any improvements. To me, the functionality is
> the same in W2K than previous editions (e.g., Word 97).

You are right as far as long documents go, but Word has added these
improvements:

* It has improved web editing support
* Better support for international users
* Collect and Paste (allows more clipboards to paste items to)
* Table formatting (including diagonal lines)
* Click and Type (similar to WP, but harder to turn off and on)
* You can now switch between documents using the task bar instead
of having to go to the Windows menu (WP has had this for a while)
* Themes feature for changing the entire look for a web or other
document

IMHO, just the task bar switching for documents is worth the upgrade.

- Dianne Blake
write-it -at- home -dot- com