contractor insurance

Subject: contractor insurance
From: Stephanie and Dan Beck <beck -at- nh -dot- ultranet -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 17:29:09 -0400

Hello all contractors!

I'm hoping that you can help me with some information. I've been
contracting with a small New England company for about a year and they
have recently asked me to carry workers comp. and liability insurance.

I'm trying to learn if this is a common request and if contractors are
carrying either or both. Any advise you can give is appreciated.

Stephanie Beck