Re: Followup: Moving Word documents into HTML?

Subject: Re: Followup: Moving Word documents into HTML?
From: Steve Riley <SRILEY -at- bct-systems -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 09:12:11 +0100

Geoff Hart quoted some useful stuff from Woody's
Office Watch, concluding with:

> The only direct solution we've found is expensive but
> effective. Dreamweaver 3 from Macromedia
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000040P1K/woodsoffiwatcwoo
> has a feature specifically designed to remove the
> HTML crud.

MicroSoft have made *some* attempt to address the issue
with their Export to Compact HTML Filter:
http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/2000/downloadDetails/Msohtmf2.htm
This is better than the original Save As Web
..but still far from ideal!

Steve Riley
BCT Business Systems