Re: Acrobat PDFMaker Printing Problem

Subject: Re: Acrobat PDFMaker Printing Problem
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: Dave Neufeld <Dave_Neufeld -at- spectrumsignal -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 21:22:56 -0400

Dave,

Perhaps the TR Systems RIP is not handling the bookmarks. (It may not be
the latest version of the RIP, or TR Systems may not have released an
updated RIP since the introduction of the PDF 1.3 spec.)

Would it be a major difficulty to use PDFMaker for your online,
hyperlinked version, and use print-to-file and Distiller for the version
you send to the Minolta? I know this would involve processing the same
document twice, but it might take less time than getting Adobe to help
you would take.

Just a thought,

Dick

Dave Neufeld wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having a problem printing PDF files generated with PDFMaker in Word2000
> on some printers. Specifically, our printing vendor's Minolta Cluster
> Printer.
>
> I'm using PDFMaker from Acrobat 4.05a to create bookmarked PDF files in Word
> 2000 under Windows NT. The PDFs print out fine from the HP5Si Postscript
> printers on our network, but won't RIP on the RIP engine (TR Systems
> micropress) used by our vendor's Minolta high-end printer.

<snip>