IT Department Coverage Question

Subject: IT Department Coverage Question
From: tvirostko -at- familydollar -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 13:32:44 -0400

Hello All:

I work in an IT department for a major retail chain. For about a year I was
the lone tech writer for the whole department. My assignments could vary
from process/procedure documentation to reference manuals. Recent changes in
the department have tried to organize coverage areas, but I'm not sure where
I should fit and so far, the managers haven't moved me.

So, my question is: If you work in an IT department for a company, how is
your area organized? Do you go with the development team? Do you cover the
production team supporting developed programs? Are you in an special area
covering all of it.

The decision about my placement will eventually, but I can have some say in
the matter. So, any comments or suggestions you have are appreciated!

Thanks
Tony Virostko
IT Tech Writer