Re: Questions about TW Resumes

Subject: Re: Questions about TW Resumes
From: Damien Braniff <dbraniff -at- iss-dsp -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 16:28:16 +0100

Here in the UK I've seen several versions/layouts of CVs over the years - this
style is now in vogue and so on. On the whole I've tended to ignore these
trends/style and keep to what could be called here a 'traditional' layout
comprising:

Personal details: Name, address, phone/email etc

Qualifications: varies slightly depending on job and what's been asked for -
No. 'O' levels, 'A' levels plus subjects, degree, relevant courses etc

Work experience - most recent first, short and sweet

CV is crisp, neat and covers 2-3 pages. The amount of detail in the Work
Experience section depends on the job applied for - try to tailor it to meet job
requirements.

Usually include a 'Career Resume' letter (about 2 pages) which provides
basically the same info but in a different format.

Also have a version as a help file - again used as required.

Damien