RE: Word-to-Frame-to-Word

Subject: RE: Word-to-Frame-to-Word
From: Stephen Arrants <sarrants -at- roidirect -dot- com>
To: "'Mark Dempsey'" <mxd2 -at- osi -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 11:54:17 -0700

Mark Dempsey [mailto:mxd2 -at- osi -dot- com] writes:
> When I try File | Save As... Word (and RTF) from FrameMaker, my PC
> (450Mhz, 64M RAM) locks up. Others have told me
> copy-and-paste from Word
> to Frame (and I suppose vice-versa) is the best.
>
> Has anyone successfully dealt with this? Any better converters/filters
> than Frame? Any problems converting tables/figures?

Blueberry (http://www.blueberry.com) has filters, though I haven't used
them.

I've always found Copy/Paste the easiest. Styles don't come over well, and
cleaning up the document oft times takes as much time and effort as
formatting the pasted text.

steve arrants

Stephen Arrants
Manager of Technical Communications