RE: Need help with a term

Subject: RE: Need help with a term
From: "Humbird, LenX" <lenx -dot- humbird -at- intel -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 12:40:34 -0700

> From: Sabra Aaron [mailto:saaron -at- jhudis -dot- dev -dot- jhu -dot- edu]
> Subject: Need help with a term
> There are two buttons, one labeled "Update" that saves the changes to
> the database. The other one will un-do unsaved changes (i.e. you've
> typed in the fields but have not yet clicked "Update") and return your
> record to how it was when you first came to the form.
> What would you label the second button? It's not "Clear" because the
> form reverts to the original data. It's not "Undo" because once the
> changes are sent to the database, that's it. Any ideas?

I used to work for a company that made bank terminal software. In the
finance world, there is an action button labeled either Send, Submit,
Transmit... something to that effect. (That comes from the mainframe era.)
The contra to that action might be Correction or Reversal.

Previous by Author: RE: Test for broken links
Next by Author: RE: Project costing
Previous by Thread: RE: Need help with a term
Next by Thread: RE: Need help with a term

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads