SUMMARY:Good graphics & clip art

Subject: SUMMARY:Good graphics & clip art
From: "J.C. Morel" <jcmorel -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 12:36:50 GMT

HI!
Here is a quick summary of the answers I got to my question. I haven't quoted everyone. Most suggested Visio as the best solution for the clip art and functionality.

Thank you all!
Josée
------------------
Guru said:
"Visio has readymade cliparts of computers, networks, etc. Displaying system architecture would be as simple as drag and drop and connect!"

Kimber said:
"Visio Technical is a great program for network, application, system, data flow, charting. It comes with every possible template with sophisticated "artwork" that looks professional and not at all cartoonish. (there are a) number of choices for inexpensive clip art packs that have good quality technical clips. Look in the back of the box for elements like "network design"or "system architecture" to find what you need."

Jeff Hanvey said:
"Clip art abounds...and there's some pretty highquality stuff out there..I have the Broderbund Click Art 250,000 collection (something like 12 cd's), Corel's 65,000, and various Softkey stuff, and they're all good. Microsoft has a clip art gallery for registered Officeusers...just go to their website and click on the downloads section.Other sites I've found useful:http://www.caboodles.com and http://www.clipartconnection.com";

Chris Jackson said:
"I know you didn't ask for software leads, but this program contains computer system clipart and it's available on a trial basis: SmartDraw. It's shareware and easy to learn. I...downloaded it when I needed to do some systems illustrations for a manual."

Sarah Lathrop said:
"Visio has a lot of good computer and business images plus line tools to connect the objects. It is easy to use. You can then place the finished drawing into a PowerPoint presentation."

Tara Charter suggested:
"www.artville.com"

----Original Message Follows----

Hello all!

I need to put together some graphics and PowerPoint presentations for my company. I should mention that I don't know the first thing about graphic design. I am trying to illustrate our system architecture.

I was hoping some of you might recommend a technical clip art website or cd-rom I could get to help me with some existing design objects. I know what a PC looks like. I can describe it. I cannot draw it. Any and all suggestions regarding resources (NOT graphic design software) would be most appreciated.

Any suggestions? I am, as are all of you, on a deadline. Respond offline and I'll quickly post a summary to the list.

Regards,

Josée