Re: printer files (was Help! Framemaker vs. Quark)

Subject: Re: printer files (was Help! Framemaker vs. Quark)
From: Christi <christi -at- sageinst -dot- COM>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 08:24:40 -0700

>> For those of you who use Frame...what do you provide printers/service
>> bureaus with when you are ready to go to print? PDF? Postscript? Frame
>> files? What about with Word? Just curious...

>> Dina L. Marroquin
>> dmarroquin -at- frxsoft -dot- com

I use both PageMaker and FrameMaker, depending on the job. For our user's
guides and other long docs, I use Frame. I provide both .ps and .pdf files
to the printer. We, however, run *really* small runs (maximum of 200 and
usually more like 50-100). The printer uses a Docutech to do that printing.
For other docs, like buyer's guides, that are shorter, sometimes with color,
and are often saddle stiched, I use PageMaker. I usually provide the actual
PM file to the printer. Those print runs are usually longer (more copies),
so more traditional print methods are used.

Christi Carew
Technical Writer

christi -at- sageinst -dot- com
p. 831-761-6565
f. 831-761-2452

Sage Instruments
240 Airport Blvd.
Freedom, CA 95019
www.sageinst.com

Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice?"
Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?