The Writer

Subject: The Writer
From: "Charter, Tara M." <Charter -dot- Tara -at- mayo -dot- edu>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 09:52:04 -0500

You can try to make me part of a group - but I will always stand out
You can try to label me - but you will have to change it daily
You can challenge me - and I will welcome it
for I am the writer
You can offer me adventure - I am already packed
You can say that you are my boss - but you know I have none
You can work with me - but I get creative control
for I am the writer
You can assign me a number - but I'd rather have a name
You can think of me as a color - but it isn't the same as yesterday
You could put me in a play - because I can act the part for awhile
You can make my job routine - but I will make it exciting
for I am the writer
You could think of something - and I will know it before you do
You could be aloof - and I will dissect you
You could be difficult - and I will simplify you
for I am the writer
You can try to make me angry - but you will never know if it worked
You can point out my mistake - and I will be the wiser
You can cover me with a blanket - just make sure it is fresh from the line
For I am The Writer