Re: consistency in terminology

Subject: Re: consistency in terminology
From: SusanH -at- cardsetc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 12:30:01 +1000

Hi Sella,
Your rigorous approach to language usage is a MUST if you plan to have your
documentation translated BUT this week, I read a great article by Geoffrey
Marnel. It appeared in our Australian (NSW) STC journal and pushed the
philosophy of maintaining good terminology discipline in order to support
readers. Unfortunately, the article isn't on the net. Write to me offline
if you would like more info about the article, or about the importance of
the strategy for translation.
Susan Harkus

Come and visit us at Cards Australia 2000 on Stand 31A. Cards Australia
will be held at the Melbourne Convention Centre from July 4-6;
2000.
This e-mail is from Cards Etc Pty Ltd (ACN: 069 533 302). It may contain
privileged and confidential information. It is intended for the named
recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail or by phone on +61 2 9212 7773 & delete this
e-mail from your system.