Re: consistency in terminology

Subject: Re: consistency in terminology
From: "Etienne Cornu" <etienne -at- chamblon -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 00:56:02 -0300

I am sure that most if not all people on this list agree with the statement
that consistency in terminology is crucial. However, what do you do about
the people who don't seem to care or simply don't have the time (i.e. the
money) to spend on ensuring consistency? What do you tell them? I have
spoken about consistency with a number of technical writers, and their
response was something like "Yes of course it's important", but they didn't
do anything concrete or methodical to check the documents they or other
people were writing. The next question is the following: what kind of method
can you use to ensure consistency? Does anyone here have any experience or
suggestion?

Etienne