SmartPDF from Coptech

Subject: SmartPDF from Coptech
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com, framers -at- omsys -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 12:46:28 -0400

[cross-posted all over the map]

Framistas, Framistani and Whirly-birds,

Has anyone had any experience with a software/system
called SmartPDF from a company called Coptech?

I believe the product was BETA'd as "Webcheck".

A rep (some time ago) suggested that the product
had been trialled successfully at ASA and Phillips.
(That might have been Philips... so it could have
been the petroleum company, the Dutch electronics
company, or the cable-making company, among others.)

Anybody seen it? Is it useful? Do your customers
actually use it? Is it, perhaps, an avenue for
viruses or other attacks (similar to Outlook and
the VBS attacks that happen every few weeks)??

It sounds good in sales/marketing babble, but I
have no desire to be a pioneer (the guys with all
the arrows in their backs) in this case. So, if
you've met the beast, in person, I'd love to hear
how it went.

And if anyone cares, http://www.coptech.com/dps_w.htm

/kevin