RE: vector-based drawing tool that runs on Linux/UNIX

Subject: RE: vector-based drawing tool that runs on Linux/UNIX
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: techwr-l digest recipients <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 11:09:30 -0700

"Jason Willebeek-LeMair" <jlemair -at- cisco -dot- com> wrote:

>Which, of course, means that they could run Mac-on-Linux, then run a Windows
>emulator on the emulated MAC session, thus opening up even more software
>possibilities! Now, is there a VAX emulator for Windows?

Sarcasm aside, emulators seem to be making a comeback these days.
VMware runs on Linux and Windows, and last week I did a review of
a new emulator called Win4Lin. There's also the WINE project,
which Corel uses so that its Linux and Windows programs have the
same code base, and plex86, an open source emulator being
developed by Mandrake Linux.

I don't know about VAX emulators, but, in theory (and with about
512 megs of RAM), I could run Windows using the Linux version of
VMware, then install the Windows version of VMware and run Linux
. . but the infinite regression is making me a little dizzy, so
I'll stop right here.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
"The Open Road" column, Maximum Linux

"Father, father, tell me, why do the horsemen ride?
Why do the troopers look so grim by Jamie Graham's side?
Is it true that he's a traitor? But father, tell me why,
There's no' a man among them a' will look him in the eye?"
-Brian McNeil, "Montrose"