Re: Need help creating a GUI Standards guide

Subject: Re: Need help creating a GUI Standards guide
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: <mhbartel -at- ThoughtWorks -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 12:37:05 -0700

Don't re-write the GUI standard. Microsoft has one and that is the one users
expect your product to use. Apple has one and if you are working on a mac
application, that is the one your users expect.

Get a copy of the current Microsoft standard at amazon.com - it is called
Users experience in Windows or something. Mine is in the trunk of my car so
I can't recall the exact name right now. I don't have the name of the apple
guide but I know there is one.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org