What's a girl to do?

Subject: What's a girl to do?
From: wlewis -at- nclogic -dot- com (Wendy Lewis)
To: "techwhirlers" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 16:20:04 -0400

I'm frustrated and you have been elected to hear it.

Our new corporate marketing person just sent me, and a few of the managers,
Release Notes that he just wrote for the latest release of our software,
with a note of "is this ok?".

He mentioned that he took it straight from the text that I sent him with a
few changes. I don't know where he got the original text, because the only
thing I recognize are the topics. Rather than spending a week rewriting it,
insulting the man, putting the schedule behind, and giving myself more of a
reputation than I need at corporate, I think I'll send him back a note that
says...

"Other than the inconsistency of tense, gross overuse of passive voice,
unnecessarily large words, technical jargon, sentences that should be broken
into *paragraphs*, and stressing the unimportant details over the major
improvements, yea... it's fine!"

What would you do?

As always,
Wendy in Ohio.