Re: what's a girl to do?

Subject: Re: what's a girl to do?
From: "Sierra Godfrey" <kittenbreath -at- hotbot -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 10:50:11 -0700

I like to think marketing people all have something known as "marketing cancer"-- the stupidity and unbelievable arrogance affects them quickly and there is no cure.

Wendy, I feel your anger. Why just last week I myself resisted the temptation to wring their self-important necks over the whole Frame-Quark thing.

Here's what I would do were I in your position:
If the piece was your work originally, and he took it and shredded it to bits, then you should kindly revert him to the true path: your work.

If the piece written by you was not intended for the destination his re-write is headed for, and he merely appropriated your work for his document, let it go and beware of him in the future.

If that is the case and he wants your editing expertise, then ha ha, let 'er rip! Edit it!

Maybe I'm just a kid, but I don't know if I'll ever understand why marketing is allowed to act the way they do. We have a girl here who so outrageous--her face is on every other department's dart board--but still our marketing director loves her. It's not just her behaviour, I've seen her writing. It makes me want to vomit. She doesn't use periods! She trails all sentences off.....like so....... (Clearly, no thought can be held together in her head long enough to end it properly.)

Rant rant rant,
Sierra Godfrey

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com