Samples or guidelines for documenting s/w that drives equipment.

Subject: Samples or guidelines for documenting s/w that drives equipment.
From: "neha ." <snehasn -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 19:44:10 GMT

Hi,
This is my very first message on a listserv and don't mind confessing a
certain fear of messing up a server(s) or inadvertently sending this to
totally unconcerned recipients on the other end of the planet.

Anyway, here's the question. Am looking for samples or guidelines for
writing user guides (in print or on-screen media)for software that control
equipment. Such as software that drives robots in a manufacturing plant.
Seeking ideas on how to coherently present the equipment-related and GUI
procedures. Any ideas??

Thanks,
Neha