Re: Menu or Function Driven Software User Manuals

Subject: Re: Menu or Function Driven Software User Manuals
From: bernice kieffer <bernice_kieffer -at- mentorg -dot- com>
To: "Timmerman, Donald" <DTimmerman -at- ipdexch -dot- ipd -dot- anl -dot- gov>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 09:04:43 -0700

Hi Don:

My answer is from the Users perspective.

I genreally use the software itself and advice from
engineering, customer support, and Marketing to determine
what tasks the customers are acctually performing with the tool.
I then divide the manual to reflect those tasks or intregal
portions of a task.

However, in my case, since the Graphical User Interface, and
in fact the whole product was designed for ease of use, my
manuals do tend to somewhat follow the menu structure.

Hope this helps
bernice kieffer