RE: CD ROM creation software

Subject: RE: CD ROM creation software
From: Randy Paske <rpaske -at- csiks -dot- com>
To: "'Techwr-l'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 14:52:33 -0500

Emru Townsend wrote:

>I use Easy CD Creator quite a bit, for custom music CDs and archiving
>material on CD-R and CD-RW. I haven't gotten around to upgrading to
version
>4 yet, because despite some rough edges version 3 does what I want with few
>problems.

The early release of version 4 was buggy -- I went back to version 3 for a
while. But now, with the updates and fixes from Adaptec's Web site, I'm
back to version 4 and doing fine.

The thing that really blows about going from version 3 to version 4 is that
many of the file types have changed and are incompatible. For example, if I
wanted to print one of the jewel case covers I created in version 3, I'd
have to reinstall version 3 on my system.

>It depends on the speed of the CD-R. My 4X drive gets a full CD done in
>about 15 minutes; I'd estimate that an 8X drive would cut that down to 9 or
>10.

I have an 8X drive, and 9 minutes is about right for a full CD. Most take
less time than that.

>> I don't remember the software offering any
>> automation
>> (make the next 49 like this one), but don't remember clearly
>> enough to be
>> sure.
>
>There's an option for copies.

I use that option, but someone has to be around to feed those copies to the
CD burner.