ADMIN: About Posting Ads

Subject: ADMIN: About Posting Ads
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 09:24:30 -0600

Gang,

Starting on June 1, 2000, ALL postings on the
For posters, this will mean less competition and "noise" around
your message. For readers, this will more clearly differentiate
the _Premium_ opportunities from more mundane announcements.

Why are we making this change? The popularity of the Premium
Announcement list has, quite simply, flooded us with
freebie announcements to post and become a nearly
overwhelming project to assemble (and read!). Particularly
given that there are other free TECHWR-L resources
available that can help advertise jobs, events, and
announcements, we can no longer justify the substantial
and daily committment for us that it takes to assemble
this posting. If you have announcements, jobs, or events
that you want to share with the TECHWR-L community,
please use these other free TECHWR-L resources:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/calendar/

The TECHWR-L Employment Central provides a free resource
for you to post, browse, and search job listings and personal
profiles:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/employment/

The TECHWR-L Daily Summary Mailing, a separate mailing list
that summarizes new content posted to Employment Central and
the Calendar, is now available and can further help get your
message out to interested people:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/daily-announce-info.html

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 4800+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact Eric
(ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/postad.html.

Thanks, and please send comments and feedback to
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com--NOT to the list.

Eric
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com