RE: Clean HTML from Word?

Subject: RE: Clean HTML from Word?
From: "Roth, Ronica" <rroth -at- exactis -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 16:12:47 -0600

Well, kudos to MS for fixing some of the larger problems with that filter,
but does anyone know a way to get REAL (not just clean) html from Word? The
new MS filter still puts everything into paragraph tags. So, although the
paragraph might be identified as STYLE H1, no true <h1> tag is inserted.
Which is particularly painful if, say, you want to apply a Front Page theme
to the finished HTML. You need to go back and fix all those tags.

Suggestions? Maybe what I really need is a hack to clean Word's HTML.

Ronica Roth
Technical Writer

Exactis.com | Precision E-mail Marketing & Communications
707 17th Street, Suite 2850
Denver, CO 80202
Phone 303.675.5857
Fax 303.675.2399