Index from multiple documents?

Subject: Index from multiple documents?
From: "KLEIN, DAVID (SBCSI)" <dk2445 -at- txmail -dot- sbc -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 17:13:36 -0500

Hi,

A co-worker has this dilemma:
He has a directory with many documents. Each of these short documents
describes one specific process. He is looking for a tool that can create an
index of all these documents.
The Find functionality of Windows Explorer will allow him to search for key
words in the documents, but he wants more.
Ideally, the tool will go into each document, pull out keywords and then
create the index in a separate document.

Is this the fantasy of a crazed developer's mind, or is something similar
available? I told him I would ask, but he shouldn't get his hopes up.

DSK