Re: Callouts for Screen Shots

Subject: Re: Callouts for Screen Shots
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 03:59:08 -0700

"Arthur Schweke" <tekritelist -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:
> Will somebody please explain what callouts are.

Sure --!

Let's suppose you're documenting some nifty piece of hardware with
knobs and switches all over the place. Ideally, you would want to
tell your readers what all those knobs and switches are.

Keeping with the adage "A picture paints a thousand words" (which, by
the way, is a bad thing if you're actually getting paid by the word --
but I digress), you take a picture ... and, using Photoshop or some
other graphics program, you draw circles around the various knobs and
switches and draw a line from the knobs and switches to a bit of
explanatory text.

And that's pretty much it.


> Thank you
> ___________

Previous by Author: Re: them engineers
Next by Author: Re: Columns in RoboHelp Classic 2000?
Previous by Thread: RE: Callouts for Screen Shots
Next by Thread: Comma preferences

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads