Doc-To-Help runtime error message

Subject: Doc-To-Help runtime error message
From: "Peter van Staveren" <mekong_holland -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 07:43:23 PDT

Hi all,

I have a technical problem in D2H that someone may have encountered before. If anyone has a clue,
your help will be greatly appreciated.

Background info
Word97 US
Doc-To-Help 2000
target: Help for Windows95

I've created a help project and inserted a Word doc as described in the documentation that comes
with D2H. First, I used insert file to do this. After starting Build Into Help, the following message
appears:

Runtime error 5900
The property is not allowed for character styles

Then I started a new help project, but I inserted the document into the help project via the clipboard.
I got the same error message.

The original document contained character styles. As an experiment I can replace them with default
paragraph font, but in the end I do need the additional formatting.

A portion of the document that I inserted was once saved in Word 2000. Can this be the cause of
the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Peter van Staveren
Freelance technical writer