Re: RoboHelp screws up lists

Subject: Re: RoboHelp screws up lists
From: Barbara Stuhlemmer <barbara -at- group -dot- com>
To: "Writers List (E-mail 2)" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 11:42:43 -0700

Hi Tom

I have noticed this in RoboHelp 7.0. I posted a similar question last
year, when I found an online HTML manual was increased in size by 15k per
topic, when I dragged it into RoboHelp. The entire size increase was from
these extra tags it inserts. I went directly to Blue Sky (which is now
ehelp). This was their reply:

> The <P> tags are being placed in the document by the WYSIWYG editor. This
is
> 3rd party licensed utility that codes documents in it's own style. We
cannot
> control the coding. There is no way to get it to stop placing these tags
in
> the
> file without making the document read only before final compilation and
after
> you have done a search and replace on the page.
>
> We are in the process of adding support in for numerous other editors in
our
> software. We currently support Word as an alternative editor. The 3rd
party
> editor we currently use will not be in the next release of our software.
>
> Sincerely,
> Michael Jacobs
> Blue Sky Software Technical Support

I sent Michael Jacobs another e-mail asking if his reference to the "next
release" was for RH-2000 (which had just been released) or for the one to
follow it. I guess he meant the one to follow, since you are still having
the same problems in RH-2000.

Barbara Stuhlemmer
Technical Communications
The Software Group Ltd.
barbara -at- thesoftwaregroup -dot- on -dot- ca