them engineers

Subject: them engineers
From: "Miller, Marlene" <mmiller -at- federatedinv -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 16:00:19 -0400

>Regarding the sub-thread of note-taking and engineer-appeasement<

The person responsible for taking notes at our meetings and circulating them
to the attendees is the person who called the meeting (or his/her designated
note-taker). If there's a discrepancy in the notes, it's resolved right
away. It's a self-defense tactic: we've had too many meetings where people
came away with different understandings of what was discussed or decided,
with serious consequences. Can't say everyone does it, but those who do run
better projects.

Marlene Miller
Federated Investors
Tech Writers