RE: hyphen or en-dash?

Subject: RE: hyphen or en-dash?
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- uswest -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 11:37:31 -0700

I would like to emphasize that the value I got out of this book has NOTHING
to do with the platform. Anyone interested in typography and design will
find useful these lessons on why we do the things we do, and why an em is an
em and leading is leading. I think anyone who designs documents on a
COMPUTER should read it.

Particularly given the fact that the book(s) were published in the early
'90s, their platform information is largely irrelevant, though it is useful
to know that there were two versions.

Lisa Wright
Uses a computer and doesn't give a damn what kind it is as long as it
doesn't crash while she engages in her art.

Sheesh.