Online installation and configuration guides

Subject: Online installation and configuration guides
From: Debbie Pesach <debbie_pesach -at- attune-networks -dot- com>
To: "'Techwr-l'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>, "'Techshoret'" <techshoret -at- onelist -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:15:24 +0200

(Cross-posted on Techwr-l & Techshoret)

Greetings!

I am creating an "in-house" installation and configuration guide for my
company's software. This guide will be used online by the trained staff
who go to a customer's site to install our product (something along the
lines of the staff member loading the CD-ROM with the guide on the
laptop, and using it as a reference when installing the product). The
guide will most likely be used as a basis for some sort of training
material to train new staff who will be installing the product.

I would love to hear from anyone who has produced this type of
documentation to get ideas, cautions, general advice, etc.

Summary and Bamba (an Israeli peanut butter flavored corn puff snack,
mmm...) are promised in return.

Debbie Pesach
Technical Publications Team Leader
debbie_pesach -at- attune-networks -dot- com
Tel: 972-4-9594333 Ext. 227

Attune Networks Ltd.
P.O. Box 305
Yokneam Illit 20692