MS Word2000, form fields, and updating bookmarks

Subject: MS Word2000, form fields, and updating bookmarks
From: dan roberts <droberts63 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:23:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hiya folks, and apologies for such a low-level tool question.

I'm creating a form template in Word, with some free-text form fields. I've added a couple of bookmark fields that reference text from some of the form fields (in order to enter a client name once and have it reappear throughout the form). So far, so good.

However, when I create a new .doc based on the template, I can enter and change the form field contents perfectly fine. But my bookmark references dont seem to be consistently updating, or sometimes even updating at all. Anyone have any tips about what I might be doing wrong?

If you can, please respond to my "droberts -at- isogon -dot- com" address, instead of this address. Thanks in advance for any help yall can provide.

Dan Roberts
droberts -at- isogon -dot- com