RE: Orlando Conference and Exhibits

Subject: RE: Orlando Conference and Exhibits
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "'Marilynne Smith'" <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 09:02:24 -0400

I see where you are coming from.

However, I disagree. Mostly ;?).

The hotels were expensive, Swan and Dolphin were just shy of $200 per night
and the Coronado was $140. My company will never pay more than $70 per
night, so there was no way I could stay on site at Disney and, for certain,
I will not be on site if I go to Chicago.

However, I like Disney. I enjoy the atmosphere. Yes, someone is getting
horribly rich over the entire thing--and I'm suitably jealous--but people
are having fun. The architecture of the Dolphin and, for that matter, its
twin, the Swan, seemed in keeping with its surroundings. Hardly a classical
masterpiece but certainly not an atrocity. Now, of more concern was the OSHA
and firecode violations that were everywhere (well, by Connecticut
standards, certainly Florida might not adhere to national standards) . . ..

More than that, it was bloody cold in there, all week, and the staff refused
to do anything about it.

Finally, because the conference was at Disney, I had my wife and older child
join me for three days. They went to Disney while I was at the conference.
They had a great time. I got to Epcot for four hours on Thursday . . . which
was both enjoyable and enough for me.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com