Re: The Perfect Technical Writer

Subject: Re: The Perfect Technical Writer
From: "Dan Roberts" <droberts63 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 18:49:29 -0400

Penalty Flag!

Reaction: I somewhat generally agree with Andrew, but when he claims "Stuff that
does not matter (in tech writing)" includes "Your ability to care about the
tender needs of the reader," I must note that, TW tho I may be, sometimes *I* am
the reader with tender needs, and that oftentimes, I appreciate others'
attention to my "tender needs" (like, what in the devil is going to happen if I
choose this option?) so that I can get back to my task-at-hand and finish this
fricking project.

Chastisement: Andrew, you know full good and well that, for ridiculous example
to prove a point, that you are NOT going to submit the same article to both
Scientific American and Reader's Digest.

Irreverant aside: Andrew continues, by cautioning me, "Now...get back to work
before I tell mom on you."
Too late, she already knows. She and Dad didn't kick me outta the house one
night for nothing!

Closure: ewwww (ala Will&Grace), that's enuf text for one Friday afternoon.

Dan
(who still maintains that Hawaiian shirts and sandals are appropriate dress-down
Friday attire)