RE: Word gripe

Subject: RE: Word gripe
From: "Guy A. McDonald" <guy -at- nstci -dot- com>
To: "Jo Francis Byrd" <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 19:10:04 -0500

> I'm doing some quick and dirty screen captures just for reference for my
> current task. Word's default seems to be to insert it with the Float
> over text option enabled. Which I do NOT like, the graphics seldom go

For this task -- use another tool. Try WordPad, it ships with Windows and
can accept captured data like screen shots. Hopefully Microsoft has heard
enough gripes like yours to change the annoying float default on graphics.
The bad thing about WordPad is that you cannot save the file in HTML
format -- which is always nice for separating out graphics into GIFs.

Guy McDonald
guy -at- nstci -dot- com