RE: List server sites and software?

Subject: RE: List server sites and software?
From: "Guru Kamath" <guru -at- bom5 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 14:09:54 +0530

Hello Len,

I vote for Egroups -- it is pretty good. Now, it is comibined with Onelist.
The interface looks a little off to me (the earlier egroups one was smart
and neat) now but the functionality is very much the same. I feel you should
try out Egroups. I have had several egroups and they worked fine. Also,
Egroups staff were very helpful. As in any service there are defects and
limitations.

I specially love their innovation over the years. Also, they have a range
of facilities -- database, files upload, chat, polls, calendar and much
more.

One of the features of Egroups I like is that you can see your mail on the
Web, get the mail in your mail box as individual mails or digests, etc.
Egroups thus serves as an archive and best of all it is searchable.

Lyris, I think, is the best of the breed. But if I remember right it is a
paid one. I feel it has tremendous facilities, but you may not need these
facilities. Several Indian lists are on this server!

As usual any queries are welcome directly. Would be happy to help.

BTW, I find the Techwhirl list service excellent. Similarly, the Techwhirl
site facilities are excellent. The response time is really fabulous.
(Internet connectivity in India has improved tremendously in the last few
months. We are really cruising at top speeds now!)

Guru
guru -at- bom5 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in