Re: Insure vs Ensure, was Re: Should we hire this guy?

Subject: Re: Insure vs Ensure, was Re: Should we hire this guy?
From: Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>
To: "Stan Xhiao" <mrlukeplease -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 13:06:11 -0700

At 02:50 PM 6/5/00 -0500, Stan Xhiao wrote:

Check the dictionary... insure and ensure are synonymous.

> For example, there were instance where "insure" was
> used instead of "ensure".
But the definitions in Webster's are distinct and different.
In the context being used, ensure is the correct word.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
Voice/Fax: 949-722-8971 E-Mail: danemory -at- primenet -dot- com
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
majordomo -at- omsys -dot- com with "subscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.