Re: PMS Colors in Word

Subject: Re: PMS Colors in Word
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, <wtreisz -at- raque -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:40:31 -0400

Wes,

Word is not a publishing program. It manages colors well enough for a desktop printer, but it does not deal well with separations, CMYK, or PMS spot colors.

Save your Word document as RTF. Then import it into publishing program (PageMaker, QuarkXpress, maybe FrameMaker, ...) and convert your colors there.

Dick

From: "Wes Reisz" <wtreisz -at- raque -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 13:51:41 +0100