FW: Outline Numbering in Word isn't resetting

Subject: FW: Outline Numbering in Word isn't resetting
From: Alison Tartt <atartt -at- cook-hurlbert -dot- com>
To: "\"TECHWR-L\" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 12:45:01 -0500

I've set up my heading styles with Outline Numbering, and the automatic
numbering is working fine. In the Appendix, however, it isn't. Here I have
another set of heading styles (Heading1App, Heading2App, Heading3App), also
with outline numbering, but with a slightly different format:

A.1
A.1.1
B.1 etc.

Everything is okay in the A sections, but the Heading2App and Heading3App is
not picking up the B, C, D, etc. They simply continue with the A variable.
I've been asked to clean up someone else's document, so I have to keep this
formatting. I've checked my numbering formatting in Format Styles and
everything seems okay. The check box for resetting the numbering with higher
heading levels (under "More") is checked. Any ideas on what is causing this
problem. Please reply directly if possible because I'm working on site and
my subscription to the list doesn't come to me here.

Thanks,
Alison Tartt