Re: Client from Hell redux

Subject: Re: Client from Hell redux
From: "Jason A. Czekalski" <topsidefarm -at- mva -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L digest <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 19:11:02 -0700

Sharon Burton-Hardin wrote:

<< We had 4 other manuals go really well and are about to be approved,
it is just these last 2
that are enough to make me and my writers crazy. >>

I don't mean to sound really paranoid in this situation, but my
sleaze-detector meter just spiked off the gage. My question is: How much
of the job have you been paid for to date? This sounds like a case of
someone trying to find a reason to stiff you on the final payment. An
associate of mine just had this happen. What a nightmare. Write down
every detail you can remember, and analyze the daylights out of their
drafts, And be prepared to get a lawyer involved at the first hint of
double-cross.

Jason