RE: Printers

Subject: RE: Printers
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:23:53 -0400

Hallo:

HP's printer drivers, be they PCL, clonescript, or even true Adobe
PostScript, have nothing to do with distilling and creating PDFs. To do
this, you install a virtual printer: Adobe's PostScript printer driver plus
the Distiller PPD. Do not use any other printer driver to create your PDFs!

I agree with Dick, collating and HP and PDFs do not get along. My HP 5000
has this deficiency, and it is annoying. However, I cannot imagine that a
marketing department with a color laser will be printing multiple copies . .
. I can only imagine they'll be making rough, color-inaccurate, proofs of
concept, etc.

Best regards,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com