Re: Trip Reports re: presentations

Subject: Re: Trip Reports re: presentations
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 13:33:56 -0700

I like to take my meeting notes on the handout. That way I don't repeat information and it's all there in one spot.

Marilynne

At 11:03 AM 6/9/00, John Posada wrote:

Do not passout handouts until after you're done speaking. If you do prior
to speaking:

1) The rustling of the papers will be distracting.

2) They'll have their head burried in the handout and won't be paying
attention to you as the speaker.

3) If your presenation is to present results, such as a fiscal financial
report, they'll see the results (maybe not as good as they hoped for) and
it will color how they listen to your presentation and it may make their
questions more hostile than they'd be otherwise.

> > I'm writing an article on "Presentation Do's and Don'ts," included
> will be an
> > "Exhibitor Do's and Don'ts" for a local, prestigious magazine.
> > So I just wanted some idea of what other people thought.
> > Its always good to hear why you liked/disliked a speaker.

=====
John Posada
jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com
john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM