Re: Structure vs Substance?

Subject: Re: Structure vs Substance?
From: edunn -at- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: rvantour -at- mondenet -dot- com, TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:59:42 -0400

In situations like this, it can be even more helpful to have a solid process in
place. That way the rules that have been twisted and broken to reach deadline
can be easily tracked. Then whoever is dumped with the job of maintaining the
docs has at least a starting point.
Also, if there is a procedure/structure in place, it can be analyzed to find out
why the project ended up the way it did.

Eric Dunn

This is not intended as a shot at "process" people, but I'm curious as to how to
respond to situations with clients when the process must be neglected? I don't
believe that a process will ensure that these situations do not occur.

Rick Vantour
President, Vantour Communications Inc.
rvantour -at- mondenet -dot- com