Speaking of inserting symbols...

Subject: Speaking of inserting symbols...
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: Framers <Framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com>, Techwriter List <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 10:44:53 -0500

Cross-posted to Framers and Techwr-L:

I use the Character Map to insert symbols with some regularity. I select
and copy on Character Map, then paste into my document. Used to be that
all went just fine. But now, almost every time I paste, I get not only
the selected/copied character, but several others as well. Easy enough
to delete, but annoying. And no, they aren't characters left in the
Characters to Copy box from a previous copy operation. There's no
pattern to it. Most are characters I've never used. I don't remember
when this started happening--at least a year ago (which shows you my
tolerance for things that are annoying and just plain weird rather than
show-stopping). Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something I
should be doing to clear the clipboard before using Character Map?
--

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible
warning.

Jo Baer
Senior Technical Writer
TCF Financial Corporation